Quote Originally Posted by 3DTOPO View Post
Actually - I won't tell anyone to duplicate my efforts - that isn't the purpose of the video. The description for the video reads in part: "WARNING: This is for informational purposes only. Fire, molten metal, high power and high temperatures are potentially extremely dangerous."

I'm not saying, "Yeah you can do just like me even if you don't know what you are doing or have any of the right tools" - quite the opposite.
Nobody pays any attention to those warnings; it's like all those toys that come with tags saying "this is not a toy - not for use by anyone under the age of 18" that the toy company lawyers attach in an attempt to avoid the strict laws governing children's toys, or the ubiquitous warnings on every building in California telling people that something in there might do them harm: http://www.latimes.com/health/la-he-...v02-story.html . I thought the safety info in your original video was actually quite good - telling people not to do this on concrete, advising them to make sure anything they stick in the pot was pre-heated - this is important stuff.

But I've heard from lots of people on various forums who saw a few YouTube videos about casting metal in the backyard and were totally clueless about the dangers involved - there's a lot of enthusiasm for melting scrap metal in tin cans and flower pots and pouring it in molds made from who knows what. All I'm saying is that you should append the "lost shell" video to the other one, which has the safety info, rather than distributing it separately. There are a lot of characters out there jostling for their Darwin awards...

How's that deep-Z CNC router working for you? Have you worked out the 4th and 5th axes yet?

Andrew Werby
Juxtamorph.com