Close

Thread: Diy it?

Threaded View

Hi all.
    I'm glad we're looking at DIYing this. It was something I always thought would happen even before the "big bad news". Just like reprap....?

Times like this we need to 'lay' everything we have on the table and make an assessment.

What hardware does Peachy inc have in either storage or still waiting to be delivered?
    What skills does the community have?
    Locations of the community members?
    What’s left to finish, anything?

My thoughts at the moment. I know we can do this and slowly work to bring the peachy from the dead. It will take time but that’s how things go.
    The mention of using a wiki is a great idea.

With regards to distributing the remaining stock. One way would be for someone to take that take on, then maybe offload distribute to volunteers for different countries?
    The first person in this chain should ideally be local to Peachy inc (to reduce the initial shipping cost).
    I’m more than happy to be a distribute point for the UK (I’m South Yorkshire based).

I’ll have to look at the regulations regarding shipping laser diodes. I’m not sure but I think you only need the certification if it’s a user product, which in our case if it was just the component we’re clear (after all, it was shipped to peachy inc).

One of the most important things to consider. Who is the driver of this? There always needs to be someone keeping an eye on the ball or things really start to slip or simply donot happen…. Rylan….. or are you a broken man now? Lol.

Last but not least, I made a joke.

With a peachy printer and a big enough build area you can build a boat. With enough backers you can build a house.

My few thoughts at the moment.
    So… Who wants to build a wiki? (It’s easy btw).

EDIT: My skill set:
    I've worked with an arduino, well, more of the atmega chips directly (cheaper, something like 75p each) so I can help with that side of things.
    I'm a little rusty but still sharp. my gut says try an arduino... just because they're so common... Even reprap changed to the atmega chips.
    Other skills, coding, I've done a good chunk of it, but it's not my day job (I'm a sysadmin for a datacentre).
    IT man... and I have a normal fdm 3d printer.
    Last edited by jontelling; 05-13-2016 at 08:23 AM.