Close

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta3D View Post
    Many of you were asking to see results of modifying the lens. Thank you for helping us select this graduation ring to print. We were able to achieve XY resolution of 26 microns and Z layer thickness of 25 microns after the lens modification.
    Grad_ring.jpg
    Designed by Jonathan Iyar (Graduation Ring)

The photo below has a strand of hair as a reference point:
    Grad ring close up.jpg
    Designed by Jonathan Iyar (Graduation Ring)
    Please share your thoughts with us!

I'm truly blown away by how smooth the surface is. I mean, the detail looks fantastic but I was hoping for that. I had no idea the surface was going to be that smooth!

So with the lens modification, how big is the build area? I assume it's smaller correct? Also,how long of a process is it to modify the lens and then to get it back to stock ie: I'm printing something large, after that is done I want to print some jewelry and the go back to large items. How long does the switch take?

Kudo3D Representative
    Quote Originally Posted by abrahamalincoln View Post
    I'm truly blown away by how smooth the surface is. I mean, the detail looks fantastic but I was hoping for that. I had no idea the surface was going to be that smooth!

So with the lens modification, how big is the build area? I assume it's smaller correct? Also,how long of a process is it to modify the lens and then to get it back to stock ie: I'm printing something large, after that is done I want to print some jewelry and the go back to large items. How long does the switch take?
    Thanks! The build area is 28 mm x 50 mm. The four corners do show some spherical aberration. Yes, with effective high resolution, the build area will be smaller. It look us about 45 minutes to modify the lens. In term of switching time, it's simply moving the projector and adjusting the focus again.

Hope this helps!