Close

Hybrid View

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by fontseeker View Post
    I have seen Makerbot printers work perfectly with supports but it is my first time using a QIDI, for some reason every time it gets to the support the printer starts printing midair, like it didn't place the supports but the building plate keeps going down:

This are my support settings:
    Screen Shot 2016-09-21 at 7.04.22 PM.jpg

I can't figure out what it is that is messing my print when I use supports.
    Some one can correct me but look a the support margin, support to model spacing and support to roof. Seems like the first or second one could be to big. In S3D the separation between the support and lower is 1 layer thickness and same for the top. Also 220 and 80 are on the upper end for PLA.

Quote Originally Posted by wirlybird View Post
    Some one can correct me but look a the support margin, support to model spacing and support to roof. Seems like the first or second one could be to big. In S3D the separation between the support and lower is 1 layer thickness and same for the top. Also 220 and 80 are on the upper end for PLA.
    Do you suggest to set them both to 0?

220 and 80 as an temperature of the extruder and HBP?

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by fontseeker View Post
    Do you suggest to set them both to 0?

220 and 80 as an temperature of the extruder and HBP?
    I might research the settings a bit. It seems one may be telling it to start the supports a little to high for the first layer.

I run my bed at 65 for the first couple layers then to 60 and that is with a glass bed. As for extruding I run from 190 to 210 or so.

Quote Originally Posted by wirlybird View Post
    I might research the settings a bit. It seems one may be telling it to start the supports a little to high for the first layer.

I run my bed at 65 for the first couple layers then to 60 and that is with a glass bed. As for extruding I run from 190 to 210 or so.
    Going to try both values at 0 and a layer height of 0.1mm for the support structures to make it go a bit slower, might help. Will let you know how it goes.

As far as my temperatures, I have used 220C and 40C for the build plate and it has always gone fine.

Thanks for the help, will let you know how it turns out.