Close

Hybrid View

Engineer-in-Training
    Haha, yes that is one way of looking at it. But another is "When who-you-know doesn't determine your success" and I like that part of it. Corporations and the wealthy are keeping us down, man!

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuvin View Post
    Haha, yes that is one way of looking at it. But another is "When who-you-know doesn't determine your success" and I like that part of it. Corporations and the wealthy are keeping us down, man!
    I like Anuvin's version !!!! The plain truth these days is that investors (like the Dragons) will not take on any venture with an element of technical risk. They simply want to pick the fully grown and ripened apple off the tree.

On the refund issue, I think it is actually 'naughty' to ask for one at this stage. After all, your contribution is to cover development as well as the final hardware and Rylan has already spent the development proportion of your money. If everyone demanded a refund it would be a bit like collapsing a bank and then no-one would get a printer.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_biddell View Post
    I After all, your contribution is to cover development as well as the final hardware and Rylan has already spent the development proportion of your money.
    While many people don't get that KS is an "investment", many project leaders also seem to miss that no R&D is allowed : the funds cover only manufacture.

Quote Originally Posted by LambdaFF View Post
    While many people don't get that KS is an "investment", many project leaders also seem to miss that no R&D is allowed : the funds cover only manufacture.
    I think the rules changed after some projects went bad to the current rules. Peachy Printer should be based on the rules when it launched. Almost every project was the now banned : reward is the final product, campaign for development cash.

I'll be honest I only backed Peachy recently having lurked here since launch. But I wouldn't want holes in the print. Mirror was much harder to mount. Hours wasted on individual sound card issues. All the issues coming from assuming USB gives perfect 5v and components data sheet failing to mention temperature variance. I feel we've got at least half way to pro's for just $100. Only question now is are the delays over and how many kits a month can they make. Before its over to a community swapping experience and re-buying resin.