Close

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by pgriffy View Post

What I don't understand is that the temperature according to the logs was pretty constant. It does appear that the filament was doing something strange since one side of the cube looked like it had a big glob of filament instead of smooth lines. Also, it looks like some came through around the outside of the nozzle.

Pictures and the last portion of the log is below. At this point, I'm at a complete loss. The temperature graph was super consistent for the short time it was printing and had by no means started to "runaway". Normally I would just ask the Google, but I'm apparently not using the proper search terms as Google is failing me or I don't understand what I'm reading. If someone can point me in the right direction, I'd be extremely grateful.
    Well it sounds like you at least have a decent understanding of firmware and stuff, which is more than can be said about a lot of newbies.

Why a MiniRambo? Why not just an Arduino Mega with RAMPS?

A false thermal runaway is usually the fault of a broken wire. It was smart to replace your Thermistor, but consider ohming out your thermistor wiring just to make sure there's no intermittent breakage. Also double check the connection at the controller board.

The next place I would look is into your firmware. Marlin is old, unsupported and generally "meh". Look into Repetier and consider trying their firmware. Setup is pretty easy with the firmware configuration tool. Most settings are safe at default:

http://www.repetier.com/firmware/v092/

Oh and yeah...you have a poorly seated nozzle, hence the blob leaking out of the side. You should unthread the brass nozzle from the aluminum heater block, thread the aluminum heaterblock further up the steel heatbreak and then thread the brass nozzle back in so it bottoms out on the steel heatbreak and not the aluminum heaterblock. Hope that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyImperial View Post
    The next place I would look is into your firmware. Marlin is old, unsupported and generally "meh". Look into Repetier and consider trying their firmware. Setup is pretty easy with the firmware configuration tool. Most settings are safe at default:
    LuckyImperial... STOP BASHING MARLIN !!! Marlin --IS-- supported. And I would argue more feature rich than Repetier. Do your recruiting for Repetier on another bulletin board.

Quote Originally Posted by Roxy View Post
    LuckyImperial... STOP BASHING MARLIN !!! Marlin --IS-- supported. And I would argue more feature rich than Repetier. Do your recruiting for Repetier on another bulletin board.
    Whoa...

I'm in no way affiliated with Repetier. I just like it more than Marlin. I come to this board to help people who are having issues...most of whom do not understand Marlin.

I promote Repetier because it has a great online configuration utility, it has the ability to interface with Repetier Host well (a common client), and it allows eeprom changes with ease assuming the use of Repetier Host.
    I want to be clear that I am in no way trying to troll or illicit a negative reaction from anyone. I am just stating my experiences.

With that said...can you point me to the latest version of Marlin with Delta and Cartesian support? Or a version that allows GUI eeprom editing? I'm definitely interested in trying it.