Close

Hybrid View

Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    Effectively gluing the glass to the aluminum isn't a very good long term plan. The best thing about using glass is being able to unclip and remove it. Then if you have 2 pieces exactly the same thickness you just slide a new one in, prep it with what ever adhesive, then start printing again. It all depends on what you are printing I guess. Small stuff plucks of glass pretty easily when it cools down. I have been printing large pieces with a flat solid bottom. It takes quite a bit of work to get these off the build plate and it is good to be able to slide a long flexible putty knife on all sides to gradually lift it.

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by jfkansas View Post
    Effectively gluing the glass to the aluminum isn't a very good long term plan. The best thing about using glass is being able to unclip and remove it. Then if you have 2 pieces exactly the same thickness you just slide a new one in, prep it with what ever adhesive, then start printing again. It all depends on what you are printing I guess. Small stuff plucks of glass pretty easily when it cools down. I have been printing large pieces with a flat solid bottom. It takes quite a bit of work to get these off the build plate and it is good to be able to slide a long flexible putty knife on all sides to gradually lift it.
    with the flexi plate, you dont need 2, or adhesive, prints do just stick to it, when you finish printing a prat just flex the plate, take the part off, reinstall plate and print again, it ereallay is the best type of plate you can get, ok so its abit more expensive, but the cost saving (wasted prints, adhesive, solvents, ect all add up) im in no way affilated with the company behind it, but i have to say they got it right.

do a youtube search for it you will see exactly what i mean.