Close

Hybrid View

I've only paused from the control panel on the Qidi, that works flawlessly.

Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by write2dgray View Post
    I've only paused from the control panel on the Qidi, that works flawlessly.

Yeah, I wanted something a bit more repeatable.

Engineer
    I think I understand how to do a filament change now with Sailfish on a QiDi under S3D. The M322 command works, but you have to define the Z height where the change is to occur, and insert the "M322 Z2.0" command before that layer is printed.

For example, plugging the M322 Z2.0 command as the last line of the starting script would cause the print process to pause at 2.0mm. Further, if multiple pauses were required then multiple M322 Zx.y commands may be inserted, but they must be placed at the correct locations within the print file.

The REPLACE command sequence works well for that process when placed in the post processing field. For example, assuming a .2 layer height, to change filament at 1.0 and 2.0 into the print the following post processing commands would suffice:

{REPLACE "; layer 2" "M322 z1.0\n; layer 2"}
    {REPLACE "; layer 6" "M322 z2.0\n; layer 6"}

This is with the QiDi Tech dual extruder flavor printer. I have no info about the X-one.

Super Moderator
    Interesting. On the X-one the Prusa Colorprint app might work since it is gcode based. I may have to try it.

I have wanted a way to easily do it on the Tech-1 of a FFCP.

Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by wirlybird View Post
    Interesting. On the X-one the Prusa Colorprint app might work since it is gcode based. I may have to try it.

I have wanted a way to easily do it on the Tech-1 of a FFCP.

FYI Here are some additional clues about S3D functions that I got from them.

https://forum.simplify3d.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1959

Engineer
    Just got a tool that works unbelievably well for trimming chaff or sharps off the edges of prints. I had used them on aluminum chassis openings after nibbling away a few eons ago and forgotten how well they worked. If you don't have one give it a try. Well worth the cost. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00004T828

Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    Just got a tool that works unbelievably well for trimming chaff or sharps off the edges of prints. I had used them on aluminum chassis openings after nibbling away a few eons ago and forgotten how well they worked. If you don't have one give it a try. Well worth the cost. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00004T828
    Yep use them every day when cleaning up prints.

Engineer
    And frequently, when the filament does not flow within a specific area of the print surface, it is because that area is too close to the nozzle. This is precisely what would happen if the extruder Y-Axis naturally sags down toward the print surface slightly, and the nozzle is too close. Maybe try adding a little more space when you "level" the bed.

Nice find.
    I broke a few of mine that had wooden handles.
    I will pick this up.
    Finally getting to start printing again. Have my library setup and printer on the bench ready to go. It's been months.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    Editor in Chief
    Bitsonline

Tips Appreciated But Not Expected
    BTC: 16wxHvKd3oU6SVjv6FrenqhkvRmc8t7sPy
    DASH: XqyaWxH896j9YeV1M35Gzb5gmRPmPbNDGq

Engineer
    One other item, you mentioned only printing from the Right extruder. Commonly when printing PLA, the best results are obtained with the use of a cooling blower/fan. Unless you have customized the stock QiDi blower's output duct work, the QiDi's fan really only blows air very well onto the print bed around the left extruder. Switching which extruder you use and turning on the fan after layer 1 is completed may significantly improve your prints. If you have issues with the PLA sticking, some glue stick can always help out.