Close

Hybrid View

Technician
    Oh interesting. I guess it didn't click that the chain cable has you re-route the cable down to the board directly instead of running up then along the upper right edge, then down the side edge, then down. Makes sense looking at it all of course.

Can you take a picture of how it attaches to your case on the end opposite the endstop and motor? From Thingiverse it looks like you have to drill and screw a few inches up the side. But on yours, I can't tell how it ends.

Add rcleav on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by sygyzy View Post
    Can you take a picture of how it attaches to your case on the end opposite the endstop and motor? From Thingiverse it looks like you have to drill and screw a few inches up the side. But on yours, I can't tell how it ends.
    On the Qidi I used an existing hole about 1/4 of the way up for the mount. On the CTC I drilled a hole lower since it's plywood. I like how the chain on the CTC lays and think I may drill a hole lower in the QIDI so it lays the same. The CTC mount is nearly as low as you can go just above the bottom deck.

Ideally if you read the older clone forums the ideal X axis cable routing is coming out the right rear corner of the machine. This is so you can move in RF generating cables away from the display. To help minimize the RF scramble of the display. As you can see I didn't do that.