Quote Originally Posted by Strooder View Post
We are trying to keep this as compact as possible without hindering filament quality. We are currently both designs to dertermine if active cooling is a possibibility.
You are correct about the heating block! We have calculated the mass and power needed for the heating block to produce consistent temprature and uniform heating.
As for forcing the material through the machine, it is a shelf part, however we have tested more than 10 different feed screws in order to assure we are using the best one.

The Strooder doesn't have filamnet measurement as a standard, however pre-sets are being fine tuned in house and these will be accessible via the screen on the Strooder!
There will be an option to manually adjust the variables if needed. What's more, you can also make your own pre-sets for the your favourite flavour of filament. To aid this, we are currently creating an online service providing recomended Strooder settings informing you of the best and latest ways to create desried flavours.

The actual sensors included in the Strooder are for temprature, motor speed and saftey sensors.
We have been planning to create accessories such as filament winders, recylers, filament diameter checkers and others but this will depend on the Strooder's success.

I hope this helped
Is this going to opensource when you guys have troubleshooted most of it?

Also did you already try making filament with it so far?

Btw is that plastic PLA or ABS? Probably ABS i guess as it has to be a bit heat resistant.
Kinda have been thinking to make a filament extruder, But i just think at the moment they ask to much space and money for me personaly, As i don't print that much to get profit out of it, but that looks great!