Close

Hybrid View

You know a funny thing I have the opposite problem as you. I do not sure hair spray or anything, as I am printing right on the glass, and it is all I can do to get the objects off the glass. What is the easiest way to get them to release?

Quote Originally Posted by Tachout View Post
    You know a funny thing I have the opposite problem as you. I do not sure hair spray or anything, as I am printing right on the glass, and it is all I can do to get the objects off the glass. What is the easiest way to get them to release?
    Printing with a substantial brim helps hold it to the bed but also makes it easier to get a knife underneath to pry the part off.

I actually use a thin steal plate supplied by GeckoTek that I place directly on top of the heated print bed. If a part is too hard to take off by hand, I remove the plate and flex it slightly. The part pops right off.

Add printbus on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by Tachout View Post
    Not sure whose post you're referring to, but are you using PLA? If so, are you letting the bed cool down to room temperature to remove the prints? They should come off without any problems once the bed cools down.
    Last edited by printbus; 07-18-2014 at 07:21 AM.

the best way is to just let your bed cool down (to avoid warping the print) then gently pry a knife through the first layer and carefully lift it up.