Close

Hybrid View

Add rcleav on Thingiverse
    The instructions don't really mention it but I removed the screws from the bottom so I could get a better view of the power supply.
    The red switch is on the side of the power supply. You will need a screwdriver with a straight blade tip to slide the red switch to 110v.
    I think the screws on the bottom where small phillips head.

Quote Originally Posted by rcleav View Post
    The instructions don't really mention it but I removed the screws from the bottom so I could get a better view of the power supply.
    The red switch is on the side of the power supply. You will need a screwdriver with a straight blade tip to slide the red switch to 110v.
    I think the screws on the bottom where small phillips head.
    Just to let you guys know - you don't have to remove the bottom plate to change the voltage. Simply peer inside one of the ventilation slats on the bottom with a flashlight, and flick the switch with a long screwdriver or something. But I agree, a better explanation in the instructions would be beneficial.

Overall, I am very happy with the build quality and value of the printer. I just found the prints to be quite lacking in quality. Apparently, if you upgrade the firmware to Sailfish 7.6, the prints are DRASTICALLY improved. Trying it out right now, but getting stuck on the last step. Anyone else tried doing this yet??

Add rcleav on Thingiverse
    I figured you might be possible to get to it without removing the bottom but it was pretty easy to remove the bottom. Plus I wanted to see what was under there.
    Can't help you with Sailfish install but wonder if it works for us. I've had a few bad builds but have had several very good builds to.

Quote Originally Posted by MaceyTech3D View Post
    Apparently, if you upgrade the firmware to Sailfish 7.6, the prints are DRASTICALLY improved. Trying it out right now, but getting stuck on the last step. Anyone else tried doing this yet??
    Where did you hear that? Because I heard if you attempt to upgrade the firmware you will brick your machine. (source: amazon review)
    http://www.amazon.com/forum/-/Tx21KV...sin=B00SB6ZO8S

Upgrade to Sailfish 7.x

Not true. I have upgraded my QiDi Tech 1 (with the MightyBoard with the Atmega1280) up to Sailfish 7.6 and now 7.7.
    Here is how it was done:
    https://www.3dhubs.com/talk/thread/a...#comment-29052

You can get to SF 7.1 without ISP programming.
    To get to the later and better versions of SF you need to change the fuse bits in the 1280 chip. The MightyBoard in the Tech 1 is the same design used in FlashForge and CTC, all easily upgradeable to SF7.7 thru ReplicatorG.
    QiDi simply screwed up the programming of the fuse bits.