Close

Thread: ABS Warping

Hybrid View

Things to check .. you said the print did not stick more than a few times.. Print not sticking would be starting height and the amount of plastic extruded.. if either of these are wrong you are not going to have good luck..
    As was said PETG is a better choice for most things you would NEED ABS for like strong parts that will be outside.. It has no smell and no warping..
    ABS is good for injection molding and was not invented for FFF.
    Go back and make sure the basics are correct, if I have a print that comes loose, it is almost always related to staring height wrong, bed not level or filament diameter inconstancy (way under 1.75mm)
    Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by airscapes View Post
    Things to check .. you said the print did not stick more than a few times.. Print not sticking would be starting height and the amount of plastic extruded.. if either of these are wrong you are not going to have good luck..
    As was said PETG is a better choice for most things you would NEED ABS for like strong parts that will be outside.. It has no smell and no warping..
    ABS is good for injection molding and was not invented for FFF.
    Go back and make sure the basics are correct, if I have a print that comes loose, it is almost always related to staring height wrong, bed not level or filament diameter inconstancy (way under 1.75mm)
    Good luck

My PLA sticks to the bed but one long thin item I have not been able to print in ABS without lifting from the bed for years but it worked yesterday when I turned on Raft but the layers separated up higher. Apparently from my printer not being enclosed.

When I bought the printer I bought 6 rolls of PLA which works good and 5 rolls of ABS as they were the main ones a few years back but have not had much success with ABS.

So looks like I need to get some PETG.

Looks like I am understanding things a bit better now so hopefully things will be better.

Thanks.