Close

Thread: My First CoreXY

Threaded View

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    just one question.

Why are you building a 1950's science fiction rocket fleet ?

I need to know :-)

The cabinet is a lot smaller than it looks. It's pretty weird. Sort of a reverse tardis. Looks bigger on the outside than it is oin the inside :-)

Total length is 1040mm, 460mm wide.
    400mm tall at the back and 300 at the front.

Being able to include all the holes for buttons in the print would save a lot of hassle.
    Drilling 24 & 32mm holes in plywood isn't that easy.

And a printed arcade controller panel would save a lot of messing about. particularly as you could include labes for the buttons.
    At the moment I just remember what they all do. :-)

But at some point, when I've made a hole cutting device, I want to print an overlay that I'll laminate and glue on.

I just addded volume control buttons to the panel, so I think it's finished. Can't think of anything else that might need to be added.
    The buttons will be connected to a usb souindcard, which I'll plug the speakers into.
    And that will give me volume control independnt of the windows software control.
    mainly because a lot of the arcade games have their own preset volume and nothing you set in windows has any effect :-)
    And while my speakers were a mere £15 and are powered by a usb plug - damn they go loud !
    Also great clarity. Bloody amazing for both the cost and power usage.
    Whether the actual cabinet is acting as a giant sounding box - I have no idea.
    But they are way way louder and clearer than they have any right to be.

Now i know you wouldn't build anything as cheap and cheerful as I have :-)
    But I have all the links to stuff I bought from aliexpress :-)

As well as what worked and what did not.
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 06-27-2022 at 09:36 AM.