Close

Page 17 of 33 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
    3DPrintBoardPro Member car3less's Avatar
    Follow car3less On Twitter Add car3less on Facebook Add car3less on Shapeways
    When I use "homing the axes", the nozzles assembly hits the margins on x axis... When I unpacked the printed I found this grey wire that is not connected to anything... maybe this is the reason?!?!
    Printare 3D Bucuresti

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. Arthur C. Clarke

I found the problem: Y switch was loose from factory or maybe transport.
    Printare 3D Bucuresti

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. Arthur C. Clarke

It almost always ends up being the wiring or switch, regardless of which axis...

Quote Originally Posted by ssayer View Post
    It almost always ends up being the wiring or switch, regardless of which axis...
    something like that...
    Printare 3D Bucuresti

On my Flashforge Pro, I'm having trouble with things sticking. (Not a new problem, I know.) Recently, I did a large print and it REALLY stuck. In getting it off, the tape on the bed came off in a couple spots so I have a few bubbles. I am looking at ordering new kapton tape from Amazon and just want to confirm that the Flashforge came with tape pre-applied and what I am seeing is bubbles in that kapton tape. So, the best thing is for me to remove that tape and apply new. Am I right?

Senior Engineer
    You can remove and replace or you can just patch it. Do not be enthusiastic and fool yourself into thinking it is better with the widest tape you can. If you buy the really wide tape it is an absolute dog to stick on straight. Stick with the 1 inch wide or 2 inch at the most or you will be teaching your printer to fly before you get it on straight.

Quote Originally Posted by shacky4 View Post
    On my Flashforge Pro, I'm having trouble with things sticking. (Not a new problem, I know.) Recently, I did a large print and it REALLY stuck. In getting it off, the tape on the bed came off in a couple spots so I have a few bubbles. I am looking at ordering new kapton tape from Amazon and just want to confirm that the Flashforge came with tape pre-applied and what I am seeing is bubbles in that kapton tape. So, the best thing is for me to remove that tape and apply new. Am I right?
    My Creator Pro came with Kapton tape pre-applied... and also with 2 blue pre-cut, thick plastic sheets similar to BuildTak surface. I am using these sheets and they seem to react pretty good. I had a print that was stuck. I heated the platform again, the support became flexible and it was much easier to remove.

Printare 3D Bucuresti

It looks to me like the bed has kapton tape pre-applied but before I tried to remove it, I wanted to be sure that I wasn't misunderstanding and making a big mistake. I think I'm going to order this: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00LAJ...=AC_SY200_QL40 unless someone can suggest something better. In the meanwhile, I guess I'll try the blue scotch tape. I tried it once and initially the filament all balled up as a print started. I assume that it was because I didn't readjust the bed height with the tape on it, so I'll tape and readjust.

I got this Flashforge around the first of the year and have been experimenting with it. Sometimes I get great results, sometimes not. I may be spending more time here asking questions. Thanks!

Student
    Add Mikey B on Thingiverse
    Hey I got a quick question for all you flash forge wizzes, I just got a creator pro, had been printing with a rep 1 for a few years. Everything seems to work great with maker ware software but as the print starts it doesn't start extruding filament for a few seconds. I know there is a simple fix for this but I can't seem to find it. Does it have something to do with retraction settings. Also what software are most people using? Makerware, cura etc? Thanks.

I wonder if anyone can help here. Had a nozzle blockage so removed the nozzle and cleared that, no issues there. But on reassembling I noticed the heater block appeared loose and rotates. I managed to fit the nozzle OK but can't figure out how the heater block is secured? I've removed the extruder assembly from the carriage and found the set screw at the rear, that appears tight and it seems that the heater block is loose on the small piece that connects it to the horizontal bar. How is the heater block secured to that? I can rotate it clockwise and anticlockwise within the limits of the attached heater and thermistor cables and it doesn't feel like it's tightening. Is this piece threaded?

Confused!!

Page 17 of 33 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast