Close

Hybrid View

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    yeah my build plate is also textured.
    I think it makes the problem worse.

But I'm guessing you;re on a similiar calibration process to my proxima.

loosen a couple bolts and lower the bed till a sheet of paper just fits between the bed and the film.

I'm thinking I either need to use thicker paper or not apply as much downward force to the papewr as I do.

The odd occasion things stick to the plate and not the fep - (first layer detail aside) the prints have been nothing short of mindblowing.

But As i wanted it primarily for very detailed prints with complex first layers.
    I have no real incentive to sort it out.

Let alone work out what the hell you do with a vat of old resin.
    Can't pour it anywhere it's exceptionally toxic.

My current thinking is to get a small lidded bucket and when i pour away any waste resin, put my uv spotlight on it until it's set and less toxic.

Even though I went into resin printing with eyes wide open, I never envisaged just how much of a pita it is when you get a failed print.
    Somehow tht aspect never comes up on youtube videos....

I mean one moving part - what could go wrong, right ?
    Lol

Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    yeah my build plate is also textured.
    I mean one moving part - what could go wrong, right ?
    So I thought.

Well, I recalibrated the plate and printed, to the same effect. Then I switched from 25 microns to 50 and lo and behold, the calibration seems to print fine, elephant's foot aside.

So what can I conclude? Either something is wrong with adhesion at 25 microns, or my z steps are wrong. I can continue printing calibration stuff until my resin's gone, or I can wait until my Elegoo Saturn 2 and new resin arrive. Tough call.