Quote Originally Posted by Serena View Post
Nice! That will be really interesting to see.

Yay!

Today's print took just under 12 hours- needed lots of supports which removed pretty cleanly. I do feel like I see imperfections more in this dark blue color. Also- it turned out really shiny. Not sure why- is it just the design? Anyway, I'm very happy with the level of detail you can get from the flashforge.

Anyone know how I rotate pics? Also, on that last one- see the roughness from the supports I removed? I tried sanding it and I feel like it looked worse. Maybe I need finer sandpaper... do you guys ever sand your pieces?
Looks good! What settings did you use for it?

You always see imperfections better on darker and/or glossier colors. That's why I never trust printers (or painters) that only show white and/or matte products..
I prefer printing in glossy dark blue PLA. Gives me a very good visual of what settings I need to tweak to get better results.

I have filed a print sometimes, never used sandpaper (sandpapering small things with my large fingers is not doable.) But from what I've heard; sanding PLA is a bit more difficult then lots of other material. Just start with 200-300 grit and gradually move up to 1000.
But if possible; try making support that easily break of (or don't use any at all) to save a lot of time.