Close

Hybrid View

here is a link to the one drive location. dont think you even need an account
    https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhZnmGNll1MugV-87kKCm1bdGU7N

this is a zip file of type a machines sd card image

Quote Originally Posted by reallost View Post
    here is a link to the one drive location. dont think you even need an accounthttps://1drv.ms/u/s!AhZnmGNll1MugV-87kKCm1bdGU7Nthis is a zip file of type a machines sd card image
    Thank you, reallost, for posting the file. I appreciate your taking time from your busy schedule. I was able to download the file and create a new SD card from the image. Despite our effort though, I was not able to flash the BBB--I think the board has died (or malfunctioning now). A replacement BBB is on order and will try again then. But because of the printer's situation, I have decided to do several upgrades to the unit.
    • I am designing a self leveling platform with 3 additional steppers independent of the system (thinking of writing a mod to Marlin---my hope is to achieve sub-micron accuracy)
    • Add a camera
    • Heater for the platform
    • Swapping out the BBB and installing a Mini PC running Ubuntu.
    • Might change to extruder style head. Maybe...
    • Might add a touch-screen to make controls more visible.

It's winter, so this might make a fun project to play with this holiday season. Anyway, thanks again reallost. Cheers, nickie.

I am thinking of replacing bbb with raspi running a good version of octoprint. re compile the firmware on rumba to allow for a screen and maybe a few other tweeks. thought about changing hotend system to something i can find parts for, maybe a bowden set up or a micro swiss great machine for its time and a few upgrades could run with new stuff out there.