Close

Hybrid View

Just got two solidoodle 4 printers for my classroom today. Can't wait to try using them with students.

Engineer-in-Training MysteryAlabaster's Avatar
    Follow MysteryAlabaster On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoswvu View Post
    Just got two solidoodle 4 printers for my classroom today. Can't wait to try using them with students.

What do you teach?

Let us know how it goes, I'm trying to get our printers to get used by more classes so I'd love to know how you're integrating it into your curriculum.

It each math and science in the 6th grade. Part of the grant is that we will have some after school activities where the students will have an opportunity after school to design and print their creations. I am just wanting the students to get a chance to try out this technology.

I teach biology at a California community college. I know very little about 3D printing - but I do see alot of potential in helping students be successful.
    I have aquired 2 makerbot replicators for use. one main issue was making models for vision impaired students, but obviously, in biology, we use lots of models. I can envision printing out mini skeleton kits that students would assemble in their anatomy classes for example.

So I need not only access to files in STL, but I also want to get to the point of scanning and producing our own images and products.

Ijust recieved 2 computers to run the makerbots, and they want to know what software I want loaded onto the computers.
    1. Obviously the makerbot desktop is a good start
    2. I do have access to autocad - so I assume that probably ought to be loaded

3. and what else? preferably freeware, to maximize the uses for these machines? am very interested in being able to scan a 3 d model and replicate it, possibly shrunken down, also kave alot of interest in taking 2D images of things and converting them to a 3 D image for our vision impaired students .

thanks
    Carl Johansson'
    Fresno City College