Close

Hybrid View

I have successfully printed a part! Although not perfectly round (it was supposed to be round) it was a complete printed part. They have a tutorial video on the SD website about tensioning the belts to improve the roundness, but I was unsuccessful in improving the roundness.

I did bend the y-limit switch out and the x-carriage now clears the bed supports.

STILL NO SUPPORT FROM SOLIDOODLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Tonesy View Post
    I have successfully printed a part! Although not perfectly round (it was supposed to be round) it was a complete printed part. They have a tutorial video on the SD website about tensioning the belts to improve the roundness, but I was unsuccessful in improving the roundness.

I did bend the y-limit switch out and the x-carriage now clears the bed supports.

STILL NO SUPPORT FROM SOLIDOODLE!
    Anyone out there reading this please be advised the Solidoodle customer support SUCKS! I cant say much more for the quality of the machine either. I have put in three requests over a 7 day period and nothing. The Repetier software isnt slicing correctly. The parts look like crap. I have spent days trying to get this Workbench to work right and still no success or support from Solidoodle. I am returning the machine....that is if they even reply to my request to return the machine. Extremely frustrated with this company!!!

I am keeping my machine, because I see it as a foundation... a semi-completed project by Solidoodle, at best... but still a foundation to work on.

Yes, their customer support is worthless. SoliCare is worthless, so I've asked for a refund on that service SEVERAL TIMES, still with no answer from them. Good luck trying to return your machine, Tonesy.

I do hope you understand (from a previous post of yours) that Repetier-Host is simply a host for the machine to connect to. It does not control your print quality in any way. Skeinforge or Slic3r are the programs you need to be tweaking, not Repetier-Host. (Both Skeinforge and Slic3r are included with the installation. (I'll try to post the settings I'm using, soon.)

Thanks. Hang in there, man... I know it's frustrating.

I'm an engineer by heart. I design, machine, and assemble tools for a living. I know good tools when I see them, and the Solidoodle Workbench is pretty much what I expected, for $1300... a work in progress. 3D printing has not nearly reached its end in history, but the Solidoodle company perhaps has (after their appalling service and PR during this generation of printers).

However, I'm a thinker. I love solving problems... and yes, I love helping people.

So I've started a fully-accurate 3D model of the Solidoodle Workbench... not to reverse-engineer it, in any way (because the design could be much better, by all means)... but to help me create accessories and upgraded parts for the machine. I'm doing this for myself, of course, but am happy to share it with all Workbench owners. I'll not share my 3D files, but I will share my accessory and upgraded parts ideas on this forum, to anyone who is interested.

It's still a work in progress, but here are some preliminary images:

I'm using TurboCAD v16 to create this model, instead of Solidworks 2014... as I'm very proficient with TC16, and have no need for parametric parts since this is simply a 3D model of an existing machine (not a design of my own, where parametrics are always nice). At any rate, I hope to complete this 3D model soon, so I can start designing the Lexan enclosure that this machine desperately needs for heat control... minor build surface relocation prints... CNC machined Y-axis carriages... et cetera.
    Attached Images Attached Images