Close

Hybrid View

I created the dollo

Quote Originally Posted by Feign View Post
    Oh man that looks like fun. Not a workhorse printer by any strech, but probably good for a kids' project (with supervision of course, the hot end is no children's toy.) Speaking of which, what kind of hotend does it use, is that an E3D Volcano, or is it a proprietary one?
    Also, I notice you missed the build plate in the list of non-printed parts, I guess the hot bed is optional?
    We are going to be making them with e3D hot-ends, but its a modular design and you could make a mount for any hot-end really. Secondly the bed wasn't on the list on non printed parts because we are planning on printing the lower bed, and a heated bed is not needed for milling or laser etching, but if you want to print with ABS then yes a heated bed is needed and not printable, and thirdly its more than just for kinds (although great for kids), if you want you can put some metal rods in it (I made it so you can if you want) and make the printer as large as you want, their is nothing stopping you from making it large enough to print a car, most kinds wont be going that deep into what it is capable of doing.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by benengel94 View Post
    if you want you can put some metal rods in it (I made it so you can if you want) and make the printer as large as you want
    Smart thinking, really. I whish you the best on KS!!