Close

Hybrid View

I completely agree with you! FSL3D have lied, cheated, and pretty much stolen.

However, I want to do something about it... I've started hacking the Pegasus touch. I've started fixing the mechanical issues with the machine: build plate, leveling, vat, first surface, lead screw and case.

The most important: If we can make our own firmware and software the machines will have value again and people will be able to resell them without FSL being able to do anything.

Anyone interested in sticking it to them and get to some hacking?
    Any luck on making your own supervat?

Technologist
    Quote Originally Posted by chooch View Post
    I completely agree with you! FSL3D have lied, cheated, and pretty much stolen.

However, I want to do something about it... I've started hacking the Pegasus touch. I've started fixing the mechanical issues with the machine: build plate, leveling, vat, first surface, lead screw and case.

The most important: If we can make our own firmware and software the machines will have value again and people will be able to resell them without FSL being able to do anything.

Anyone interested in sticking it to them and get to some hacking?
    Any luck on making your own supervat?
    I've been working on it, I was able to download some files from the beagleboard a while back, and ran it through a password cracker and cracked a few passwords, but was never able to log in to the machine via ssh/telnet/etc. I was debating ripping out the electronics and creating my own.

For supervat, I was just looking into the MUVE "super" vat. I think it seems much better than the FSL3D one, which I never bought because I gave up on the printer a while back until I realized it's just sitting there and basically a paperweight.

Quote Originally Posted by doobie View Post
    I've been working on it, I was able to download some files from the beagleboard a while back, and ran it through a password cracker and cracked a few passwords, but was never able to log in to the machine via ssh/telnet/etc. I was debating ripping out the electronics and creating my own.

For supervat, I was just looking into the MUVE "super" vat. I think it seems much better than the FSL3D one, which I never bought because I gave up on the printer a while back until I realized it's just sitting there and basically a paperweight.
    Creating new electronics would probably be the best thing to do.

I'm actually trying to get into it right this very minute, using their very own Pegasus Remote Supports Reverse SSH GUI program. :-)

If anyone wants the program, I'll share.

Also, I think I discovered why this machine has been cast aside... the Mechanical Engineer and the Retina Create Engineer don't work at FSL any more.
    Last edited by chooch; 01-18-2016 at 08:45 PM.

Technologist
    Creating new electronics would probably be the best thing to do.

I'm actually trying to get into it right this very minute, using their very own Pegasus Remote Supports Reverse SSH GUI program. :-)

If anyone wants the program, I'll share.

Also, I think I discovered why this machine has been cast aside... the Mechanical Engineer and the Retina Create Engineer don't work at FSL any more.
    What is the Pegasus Remote? That would make sense if their ME and RCE. I've figured they were running out of money, but they seem to have big $$$ that's been coming in....but their terrible support has probably scared off many new customers. I know I would *NOT* buy a Pegasus Touch today; even if it were $100.

What is the Pegasus Remote? That would make sense if their ME and RCE. I've figured they were running out of money, but they seem to have big $$$ that's been coming in....but their terrible support has probably scared off many new customers. I know I would *NOT* buy a Pegasus Touch today; even if it were $100.
    It's a program that remote support uses to get into the Pegasus. I think that they left a port open on the BBB and it scans until it finds the open port and then sets up a reverse SSH tunnel.

How did you get the files off the BBB, if I may ask?
    Last edited by chooch; 01-19-2016 at 10:55 AM.

Technologist
    It's a program that remote support uses to get into the Pegasus. I think that they left a port open on the BBB and it scans until it finds the open port and then sets up a reverse SSH tunnel.

How did you get the files off the BBB, if I may ask?
    I did a almost a year ago....but basically I removed the BBB, attached a serial port between it and a computer, and was able to get access to the console and used the boot manager on it to look at the file system and files on it, PITA. I'm guessing they'll patch things up if they can if they find out people are exploiting things. I'd be interested in getting more info on what you used to get into the machine.

I did a almost a year ago....but basically I removed the BBB, attached a serial port between it and a computer, and was able to get access to the console and used the boot manager on it to look at the file system and files on it, PITA. I'm guessing they'll patch things up if they can if they find out people are exploiting things. I'd be interested in getting more info on what you used to get into the machine.
    Might have to try that, if this SSH tunneling program doesn't get in.