Close

Hybrid View

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by BLKKROW View Post
    If anyone ever needs the proper way to assemble the E3D V6, use the following video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xr02pG58gaU

This shows you how to assemble it so the heat break creates a natural seal with the nozzle. Using this method I have never needed Teflon tape.
    Hi

If you attempt to follow the process he shows, you can't execute the steps when you need to within the MakerFarm instruction and build approach. The hot end / teflon goes into the extruder *many* pages before anything at all is done with the electronics. It's actually quite difficult to do that way within the kit build..

Bob

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by uncle_bob View Post
    Hi

If you attempt to follow the process he shows, you can't execute the steps when you need to within the MakerFarm instruction and build approach. The hot end / teflon goes into the extruder *many* pages before anything at all is done with the electronics. It's actually quite difficult to do that way within the kit build..

Bob
    It worked just fine when I built my Pegasus. If you just build the hot end at once it is really easy.

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by BLKKROW View Post
    It worked just fine when I built my Pegasus. If you just build the hot end at once it is really easy.
    Hi

If you follow the steps in the instructions, the assembly and debug of the electronics is *way* further along than the hot end assembly. If you follow the step by step, it's a massive detour. If it works for you, fine. My guess is that it will be an enormous hassle for those not used to tossing out the instructions and just going off on their own to assemble a kit.

===

One interesting thing this all turned up:

Is the max temperature for the thermistor 260, 280, or 300 C? It seems you can find references all over the map in this regard. The "stock" firmware comes with a limit of 260, but that's just a setting ...

Bob
    Last edited by uncle_bob; 09-25-2016 at 07:16 AM.