Close

Hybrid View

Good to hear, I'm also using the Sunon maglev 3CFM fan and those are the Temps I'm printing at and about the same temps i'm seeing on the heat sink fins for my single extruder.

One mod I did make to the single hexagon shroud was to remove the plastic at the bottom between the hot end and cooling fins and replace it with a piece of brass that is cut to go around the hot end and wrap up the sides, this is attached with a couple of m2 bolts and nuts. This stays cool and avoids the melting plastic issue. Looks like I'll be doing the same to the double shroud as well.

Thanks for all the time and effort you have put into this project.

Quote Originally Posted by OldSourKraut View Post
    One mod I did make to the single hexagon shroud was to remove the plastic at the bottom between the hot end and cooling fins and replace it with a piece of brass that is cut to go around the hot end and wrap up the sides, this is attached with a couple of m2 bolts and nuts. This stays cool and avoids the melting plastic issue. Looks like I'll be doing the same to the double shroud as well.

Thanks for all the time and effort you have put into this project.
    You're welcome.

The brass is a good idea. I have been making insulators out of fiberglass tape and Kapton and they work pretty well. The bottom of the shroud gets smooth and shiny, but it stays put.

Student
    Hello can I order a hardware kit to be shipped to New Zealand?