Close

Hybrid View

Yeah I have toned the servo angels down a lot.

Now I have a new problem... the Z axis second motor is just stuttering, not going up and down...

Quote Originally Posted by plackslayer View Post
    Yeah I have toned the servo angels down a lot.

Now I have a new problem... the Z axis second motor is just stuttering, not going up and down...
    If you had a RAMPS board I could tell you where to put the volt meter and what to crank the numbers up to. But most electronics boards let you control the stepper motor current. You can crank that up a lot and not worry about hurting the motors. As long as you can hold them in your hand for 10 or 15 seconds and not burn yourself, they are fine. If turning up the power doesn't fix the stuttering, slow down the max feed rate and acceleration numbers. For sure... You can make it move nicely and not lose position.

Stuttering was because of a failing solder I did - fixed.

Lead Screws needed new base plates printed to hold the Z Motors like 2mm further away from the frame than the threaded rods base plates - fixed. (This could have been avoided had I just read it twice before attempting the fix lol).

Was having filament getting stuck in the hot end issues due to heat creep - my fan wasn't turning on - fixed.

Man this list of tiny issues when just wanting to upgrade to dual extrusion lol.

Now onto printing a test cube with the new parts installed and then UBL!