Close

Hybrid View

Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by Feign View Post
    So by that logic, this guy could sue Katy Perry for using a low-poly tiger to make (boatloads of) profit.

There is a legal process to getting an actual copyright, and there's no evidence (that I've seen so far) that Katy Perry or her lawyers have gone through the process for copyrighting deformed cartoon sharks.
    I wouldn't even call it deformed. It's the most basic generic shark you could think of, as a costume (and from what I have read, costume's can't be copyrighted?)

I do wonder how all this will turn out though.

Quote Originally Posted by Bassna View Post
    I wouldn't even call it deformed. It's the most basic generic shark you could think of, as a costume (and from what I have read, costume's can't be copyrighted?)

I do wonder how all this will turn out though.
    You cannot copyright clothing as for example a stage dress or your daily outfit, you can however copyright a costume as for example: SpiderMan, Ironman, DarthVader and so on.

Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by BodaciousAcquisition View Post
    You cannot copyright clothing as for example a stage dress or your daily outfit, you can however copyright a costume as for example: SpiderMan, Ironman, DarthVader and so on.
    All 3 of those example's I could completely understand if someone made a 3D model of and was selling. But not a generic shark with legs.