Close

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Roxy View Post
    First, a 3mm wall dividing the boxes is probably excessive. That can be cut down to 1.5mm. But maybe it makes sense to not make the wall solid. It can have all kinds of different infill at different fill levels. We can chop that 40m of filament down to 10m I bet.

But anyway... It sliced just fine with Slic3r 1.1.7 I have a really fast machine, but I did notice a 20 second pause when it was generating the perimeters. I think you just need to let it sit and chew on it for a few minutes. (I have lots of memory too... That really helps when you are slicing.). Give it 10 minutes before you kill it.

At the end of the attached GCode file, it says all the settings that were used to slice it. At worst case, you can just duplicate those settings and it should slice on your machine.
    Roxy, thanks again for all of your help, really appreciated.

I am using Slic3r 0.9.9 as recommended by Makerfarm, I will leave it longer to see if it clears "generating perimeters".

Is there any EASY way to make the whole base like this http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:421886 to save filament? (also does Slic3r give that total filament needed statistic?)

Quote Originally Posted by DrZ234 View Post
    Roxy, thanks again for all of your help, really appreciated.

I am using Slic3r 0.9.9 as recommended by Makerfarm, I will leave it longer to see if it clears "generating perimeters".

Is there any EASY way to make the whole base like this http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:421886 to save filament? (also does Slic3r give that total filament needed statistic?)
    There have been a lot of improvements to Slic3r since 0.9.9 ! I would deviate from MakerFarm's recommendation on that one! I don't think that Cabinet or it's drawers are going to get abused too badly in an office environment. I would try just 1 outside perimeter, with 15% or 20% infill. You will be able to see if that is working before the whole part is printed. If 1 outside perimeter doesn't work, you can bump it up to 2. That would reduce the amount material (and print time) significantly.