Close

Hybrid View

Thats exactly what I was thinking! The more fine I get my aperture the more fine I can print one and it then becomes a cycle. Im sure that the accuracy would increase but after a certain point it would be negligible.

Peachy Printer Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by bovalis2037 View Post
    Thats exactly what I was thinking! The more fine I get my aperture the more fine I can print one and it then becomes a cycle. Im sure that the accuracy would increase but after a certain point it would be negligible.
    There is something very appealing to me about cycles like this. I keep joking with everyone about the idea of printing a record, on which is encoded a "song" which when played into a peachy printer, prints another record.
    And of course Im very excited to try printing a peachy printer with a peachy printer (Peachy RepRap) .

I have no clue how well these things work in actual practice but I can tell you that the resin blocks uv light very well. Im sure you can print a large aperture, but i don’t know how small you could print one.

What ever happens be sure to post because others (like me ) will really enjoy seeing the process !

Staff Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    diffraction is the one you're looking for.
    Considering that the original subject of the thread was using diffraction to create colored prints, I'm a bit embarassed to not have remembered it.

Quote Originally Posted by rylangrayston View Post
    I have no clue how well these things work in actual practice but I can tell you that the resin blocks uv light very well. Im sure you can print a large aperture, but i don’t know how small you could print one.
    You've mentioned before though that you can fill a hollow print and it will cure under sustained UV, which would suggest that the cured resin isn't completely opaque to UV. I'm sure it's too opaque to make into a focusing lens for the laser though.

I think most glasses-wearing watchers had the lens printing idea after seeing the column print video. I look forward to running some tests to see what kind of refractive index the resin has and just how smooth it can print with that sub-layer interpolation that was talked about.

I think that it would be easier to write an equation to directly generate lens cross-section based on z-axis and focal point than it would be to make a parametric lens model and use a slicer. The machine that grinds out the lenses for the optomitrist already uses a CNC process that might already be very similar to g-code.