Close

Hybrid View

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    what do you consider to be 'regular' speeds ?

Mine are 75mm/s for fine prin5ting, 100mm's standard prints and 150mm/s for rough but structural.

Only if I'm using flexible filaments do i drop down to 20-30mm/s.
    That said I haven't done much with pet-g yet.

I think for something like a mumu I'd probably accept 50mm/s - anything much lower than that and even small multi material prints are going to take an enormously long time.

Technologist
    Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    what do you consider to be 'regular' speeds ?

Mine are 75mm/s for fine prin5ting, 100mm's standard prints and 150mm/s for rough but structural.

Only if I'm using flexible filaments do i drop down to 20-30mm/s.
    That said I haven't done much with pet-g yet.

I think for something like a mumu I'd probably accept 50mm/s - anything much lower than that and even small multi material prints are going to take an enormously long time.
    50mm/s is what I use mostly. Default Prusa profiles use 60mm/s for inner perimeters, 15mm/s for outer. I haven't really felt the need to bump up the speeds, although I think there's some room for every machine I have. PrusaSlicer has some 100mm/s profiles, might try them some time to see if the speedup is worth it.

PETG might have some limitations about speed, if I recall correctly I read somewhere that it might even fail to print properly after certain speed. I have printed some at 60mm/s as PrusaSlicer slices it and it turned out fine.