Close

Hybrid View

Staff Engineer
    I wouldn't discount a complex device from OpenSCAD. I don't have those skills but one of our makerspace members who has programming background constructed an entire CNC milling machine using the program.

wow this is awesome

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fred_dot_u View Post
    I wouldn't discount a complex device from OpenSCAD. I don't have those skills but one of our makerspace members who has programming background constructed an entire CNC milling machine using the program.
    that's fairly easy - apart from the main carriage - you're basically one joint - many times.
    One of our forum members made one.
    And I can never remember their name.

The tabacco isn't fake - the cigarettes are :-)
    We have fake cigarette seizures regularly over here.
    Although, If were a smoker and the tobaccos was as loosely packed as in the video - I'd definitely feel short changed.

Mind you, a machine like that, in a country where marijuana is legal - could be a real money earner :-)

So on balance - yes you could make it with openscad. I'd have to as it's all i use :-)

How big do you want to make it - the one in the video is almost industrial sized and would be tricky to print. Although you wouldn;t need to print the hopper. A cheap plastic box would do the job there.