Close

Thread: Better slicer?

Hybrid View

I'm not sure that the structural integrity is impacted enough to really matter for things like necklace pendants and cookie cutters(my primary usage) So I think I'm ok with that. However, the actual print quality coming out of simplify is pretty terrible for me. Overhangs that shouldn't be a problem are turning into spaghetti, and there are so many settings that I'm not sure what to alter. You guys have any ideas for tweaks?

Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by GamerDarling View Post
    I'm not sure that the structural integrity is impacted enough to really matter for things like necklace pendants and cookie cutters(my primary usage) So I think I'm ok with that. However, the actual print quality coming out of simplify is pretty terrible for me. Overhangs that shouldn't be a problem are turning into spaghetti, and there are so many settings that I'm not sure what to alter. You guys have any ideas for tweaks?
    If you could show us your settings (maybe some screenshots) of what you are printing with, I could try to help or maybe see the problem

Technician
    Add Wes@MachWax on Facebook
    I just downloaded S3D last Friday. I haven't had much time with it yet, but I already like it much better than Makerware, or RepG. So far, it seems to be worth every penny.

Quote Originally Posted by Bassna View Post
    If you could show us your settings (maybe some screenshots) of what you are printing with, I could try to help or maybe see the problem
    Absolutely!

Here's pics of the latest print: http://screencast.com/t/sPqjSbEqTiv
    Here's the factory file, which I think includes all of the settings, but let me know if that's not true, and I'll get you any screenshots that it doesn't include: https://www.dropbox.com/s/fp04ynvkiq...s.factory?dl=0