Close

Hybrid View

you know for me something rings true here... I really wanted the project to work and I openly and excitedly told many of my friends and coworkers about how cool the tech was. I am more disappointed I can't have a machine than I am about losing the $225 I paid.

Quote Originally Posted by sgmorton View Post
    you know for me something rings true here... I really wanted the project to work and I openly and excitedly told many of my friends and coworkers about how cool the tech was. I am more disappointed I can't have a machine than I am about losing the $225 I paid.
    Right? I talked pretty confidently about this project, and with each person I discussed it with I got more and more excited. Now whenever it comes up I have to hang my head and tell them I was robbed by some dude in Canada... YOU EVEN IN CANADA?! I don't know if anything he says is true.

Exactly, because anyone with the will to do honest business registers a business account. It costs $90, I know because I have one as a business owner, and this wouldn't have happened. So when he tells you that he registered this KS to a personal account, which has no protections for us, ask yourself why almost a million dollars is gone without a thing to show for it when David only kept $216,000. So where is the rest? How much did this guy blow himself? How fast could you blow almost a million dollars? What money did he actually plan to buy thousands and thousands of printers worth of parts with, if he's blown the budget on R&D? You can't lie to me about this, I am a business owner. I know how this works. You're telling me this guy didn't even have $90 to register a business account with protections for us, or even borrow it with the definite assurance he would pay it back? They knew what they were doing. By having everything go into a personal account, they could run free and play the blame game.

Now he suggests you report this to the police to "change Canada's laws" while he says "Oh well, what can you do?" and gets to walk away free, with our money. I'll tell you how you change things, you put scum like this in JAIL! The laws are very clear about starting a business, that's why you get a business account when running a business if you have any intention of doing honest business. Scammers! Don't fall for the crap. He can't even claim incompetency because Royal Bank will happily sit down with you for a few minutes to explain everything to you when opening a business account, before you start your business.

Quote Originally Posted by MistahBradley View Post
    Right? I talked pretty confidently about this project, and with each person I discussed it with I got more and more excited. Now whenever it comes up I have to hang my head and tell them I was robbed by some dude in Canada... YOU EVEN IN CANADA?! I don't know if anything he says is true.
    Last edited by Very Equipped; 05-13-2016 at 06:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Very Equipped View Post
    Exactly... ... Royal Bank will happily sit down with you for a few minutes to explain everything to you when opening a business account, before you start your business.
    What I'm confused about right now is the government loans they acquired. If that part is true then shouldn't the Canadian government be kicking their doors in forcing them to pay at least that shit back, too?

Quote Originally Posted by MistahBradley View Post
    What I'm confused about right now is the government loans they acquired. If that part is true then shouldn't the Canadian government be kicking their doors in forcing them to pay at least that shit back, too?
    If you're concerned about the government, don't worry, they make sure they get their money. However we will need to fight for it.