Quote Originally Posted by Alfred_technical_support View Post
Taking into account of the correspondence between the projection resolution and camera resolution, in order to avoid the projection of the grid scan data fringe phenomenon, the camera's focus is not together. Also is the manual focus, between the camera focal plane will have a certain deviation, but the depth of field of the camera enough, does not affect to the scan.
This past weekend I did a little bit of work on the scanner, and found that I can easily refocus the projector.

So for this purpose, I first used a camera app to set the focus location for the cameras, and had them focus on a medicine bottle with small writing on it. The left camera was in focus at about 14.5", whereas the right camera was in focus at about 15". Both cameras appear to have <1" depth of field.

I then place a white piece of cardboard at 14.75" distance to the projector and projected a test pattern. The front of the projector lens has 2 tiny holes which can be used to adjust the focus, so I was able to adjust it for a (near) perfect focus.

Once adjusted, I ran a calibration test, and did a few scan. My scans a visibly sharper, although still not what I envisioned. Using manual scanning is better and you can see that individual scans are sharper, but the auto aligning process ultimately softens up the final mesh, probably a byproduct of some fudge factor and guesswork needed to align and generate the watertight mesh.

On a side note I found the INI file which governs the projected patterns and I'd like to know more about it, and how to modify the values. can we get an idea of what's what?