Close

Hybrid View

Geoff - I have the same FlashForge printer that you describe in your posting. I have a plugged up extruder and have followed your (excellent) suggestions and still have troubles. I am unable to remove the filament by pulling quite hard. I can push it through just a bit (a thin string of filament sometimes comes through) with lots of clicking. When I try to pull it out I get lots of clicking but it will not come free.

The only thing I haven't tried is removing the fan & cleaning the gear. Is that the next logical step?

I appreciate your help!

dave

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Bodnar View Post
    Geoff - I have the same FlashForge printer that you describe in your posting. I have a plugged up extruder and have followed your (excellent) suggestions and still have troubles. I am unable to remove the filament by pulling quite hard. I can push it through just a bit (a thin string of filament sometimes comes through) with lots of clicking. When I try to pull it out I get lots of clicking but it will not come free.

The only thing I haven't tried is removing the fan & cleaning the gear. Is that the next logical step?

I appreciate your help!

dave
    Hi Dave yes but it's not as bad as you think.

This is how it will go down..

1. Undo the screws on the fan usually theres only 2. These lead all the way through to the motor, so once you unscrew, pull off the fan, try not to lose the screws.
    2.Unplug the motor, it will come out easy now.
    3. If it wont come out you might have filament still loaded? if so cut it so you can get the motor out. DONT worry about any filament left in the metal cylinder thats under the motor. That whole cylinder gets hot and melts the plastic, so its ok if there is some stuck in there.
    4. On the stepper motor you will see your gear. If its full of plastic which it most likely is, as they get clogged after a bit, run the hobby knife ion between each fine gear, clean it out and it should be good to go again.

I am literally about to swap a nozzle tomorrow, so i will take some photos and put up a tutorial. Even tho I worked with photocopiers for nearly 10 years, I was still hesitant to mess with this printer, but I learnt early on.. you are going to get your hands dirty at some point, no matter what printer you own
    Last edited by Geoff; 03-05-2014 at 07:50 AM.