Close

Hybrid View

Unfortunately a real product license and trademark costs money and unless you are paying that fee and registering it with the government, The supposed license that thingerverse is giving you is not abiding and won't hold up in court. That's just the way of it. So unless you are willing to go to the trademark commission to file a trademark, or the patent office to patent the stl file. You're all shit out of luck. And then the seller will just switch and say he is not selling your items he's selling his time and the filiment used to make the item. Stop posting to thingiverse if you don't want your items used it's that simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkness1187 View Post
    Unfortunately a real product license and trademark costs money and unless you are paying that fee and registering it with the government, The supposed license that thingerverse is giving you is not abiding and won't hold up in court. That's just the way of it. So unless you are willing to go to the trademark commission to file a trademark, or the patent office to patent the stl file. You're all shit out of luck. And then the seller will just switch and say he is not selling your items he's selling his time and the filiment used to make the item. Stop posting to thingiverse if you don't want your items used it's that simple.
    Are you daft, or just into Necromancy? You are replying to posts from 5 years ago (about a month shy for the last one) and I, for one, don't post my work on Thingiverse for a long while now as I despise what they did with it, but not because I fear for stls. Considering this is your first, and only, post must be because you are a Necromancer.