Close

Hybrid View

I really want to test one, but I'd need a 3 (2.8 to be more precise) mm version.

Technician
    Follow Strooder On Twitter Add Strooder on Facebook Add Strooder on Google+
    Quote Originally Posted by nothingTV@yt View Post
    I really want to test one, but I'd need a 3 (2.8 to be more precise) mm version.
    During Kickstarer the kit will be provided with either a 1.75mm, 2.85mm or 3mm nozzle. However you will be able to order bespoke sizes through our store or by simply emailing us after your purchase.
    Last edited by Strooder; 05-02-2014 at 01:46 PM.

When you are figuring out how to box up your components for transport, plan to sandwich your laser cut parts between two pieces of cardboard. The laser cut parts tend to separate from the board during transport, especially on long journeys to foreign countries, and the buyer opens the box to find a jig-saw puzzle. That detracts from your product's first impression.

Also, make sure that your assembly instructions are clear. Beta test them by having a novice build your product from the instructions only. Remember, a customer might be trying to assemble your product on the other side of the world, in a different time zone. Having to wait 12 hours for a response to an enquiry is frustrating.

Old Man Emu

Engineer-in-Training MysteryAlabaster's Avatar
    Follow MysteryAlabaster On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by old man emu View Post
    Also, make sure that your assembly instructions are clear. Beta test them by having a novice build your product from the instructions only. Remember, a customer might be trying to assemble your product on the other side of the world, in a different time zone. Having to wait 12 hours for a response to an enquiry is frustrating.

I'm sure there are people here who would love to help you make translations, or even be your beta tester.

Personally, if there was promise of a grinder/winder, I would pay big to be your tester. If only to just have the unit to use.
    It should be really easy to find someone locally to test for you.

Technician
    When you are figuring out how to box up your components for transport, plan to sandwich your laser cut parts between two pieces of cardboard. The laser cut parts tend to separate from the board during transport, especially on long journeys to foreign countries, and the buyer opens the box to find a jig-saw puzzle. That detracts from your product's first impression.

Old Man Emu
    Hi Emu,

This is great advice.

However the Strooder will actually be shipped fully assembled to avoid all these complications and ensure the end user has as little troubles as possible. This is something we have not communicated yet so thank you for reminding us to make everyone aware!

We are trying to make our instruction manual as clear as possible and will be beta testing everything before shipment.

Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by Strooder View Post
    However the Strooder will actually be shipped fully assembled to avoid all these complications and ensure the end user has as little troubles as possible. This is something we have not communicated yet so thank you for reminding us to make everyone aware!
    I suggest that you reconsider your plan to deliver the Strooder already assembled to foreign countries. Although the weight of the consignment will not change appreciably, the size of the box will, and that could add tens of dollars to the final cost for the buyer. I know I hate paying heaps for unused volume in packages I obtain from overseas. If your assembly instructions are clear, and you have tested them by having a complete novice assemble the thing, then you should be OK. However, Murphy's Law lets you know that there is some moron out there who will fit Tab A into Slot C with a sledgehammer, when Tab A is designed to slip easily into Slot A.

OME

Technician
    I suggest that you reconsider your plan to deliver the Strooder already assembled to foreign countries. Although the weight of the consignment will not change appreciably, the size of the box will, and that could add tens of dollars to the final cost for the buyer. I know I hate paying heaps for unused volume in packages I obtain from overseas. If your assembly instructions are clear, and you have tested them by having a complete novice assemble the thing, then you should be OK. However, Murphy's Law lets you know that there is some moron out there who will fit Tab A into Slot C with a sledgehammer, when Tab A is designed to slip easily into Slot A.

OME

This is an invaluable suggestion. We are 100% certain that all UK shipping of Strooder will be fully assembled. We are currently still trying to find the best shipping option for international purchases so that the shipping cost is not heaps out of your wallet. If we find that the shippment prices are too high we will ship Strooder flat packed to international buyers; it is our intention to make the whole Stooder experience as easy for every user as possible so will not do anything that would ever result in any buyer paying extortionate amounts for packaging and shipment. However, for the time being our aim is to still ship it fully assembled.