Close

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Petmagnet13 View Post
    As I was disassembling my extruder, I seemed to have lost both of the small spacers. Are these important for printing? If so does anyone know what size they are?
    I also lost one when working on my extruder - the spacer is important as it allows you to tighten the bolt that holds the fan without distorting it. I made a replacement from a piece of brass tubing - It is about 10mm long. Any diameter will work so long as it fits the bolt.

Of course, I found the missing part after reassembly!

Good luck!

dave

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Bodnar View Post
    I also lost one when working on my extruder - the spacer is important as it allows you to tighten the bolt that holds the fan without distorting it. I made a replacement from a piece of brass tubing - It is about 10mm long. Any diameter will work so long as it fits the bolt.

Of course, I found the missing part after reassembly!

Good luck!

dave
    Thanks for the advice!
    After I posted the message, I continued to look deeper and found that one of them had fallen into the bottom of the printer. When I went to retrieve it, it seemed there was another one the same size being used to hold on the board for the buttons, so I replaced that one with a hand-cut one and took the exact match, that way I knew it would work.
    Now I'm just having troubles reassembling it... The screws don't seem to want to go back into the stepper motor...

Quote Originally Posted by Petmagnet13 View Post
    Thanks for the advice!
    After I posted the message, I continued to look deeper and found that one of them had fallen into the bottom of the printer. When I went to retrieve it, it seemed there was another one the same size being used to hold on the board for the buttons, so I replaced that one with a hand-cut one and took the exact match, that way I knew it would work.
    Now I'm just having troubles reassembling it... The screws don't seem to want to go back into the stepper motor...
    It is a bit tricky to get the screws into the stepper motors - pull the fan & heat sink back a bit to get the threaded hole in the motor visible - once you get one in the other is a snap.

dave