Close

Hybrid View

Engineer-in-Training
    Hi

Well ok That's what I decided to do. I'm in the middle of rewiring the 12" with a BL Touch and upgrading the firmware.

(I *do* seem to have a pices of code at work that either is or isn't the release version depending on which heads shake which ways ...).

The real question is weather I'm going to do enough with any of this to go through the whole "set up Eclipse" nonsense. I find the Arduino tools great for simple stuff. They are a bit of a pain once you get past simple stuff. Eclipse is a bit of a pain on any first setup ... who knows what I'll do.

Bob

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by uncle_bob View Post
    Hi Well ok That's what I decided to do. I'm in the middle of rewiring the 12" with a BL Touch and upgrading the firmware. (I *do* seem to have a pices of code at work that either is or isn't the release version depending on which heads shake which ways ...). The real question is weather I'm going to do enough with any of this to go through the whole "set up Eclipse" nonsense. I find the Arduino tools great for simple stuff. They are a bit of a pain once you get past simple stuff. Eclipse is a bit of a pain on any first setup ... who knows what I'll do. Bob
    When you complete this do you mind sharing your Firmware? Also, are you running a IV3 or a Pegasus?

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by BLKKROW View Post
    When you complete this do you mind sharing your Firmware? Also, are you running a IV3 or a Pegasus?
    Hi

I am setting it up right now on a 12" Pegasus. Once I get that running I will transfer it to the 10" Pegasus. The BL Touch is mounted to a custom extruder I came up with. It also holds mount and duct for the cooling fan. Once they both are done, they also will have dedicated +5 supplies and Rpi's to run them remotely.

I'm not real sure how much use my firmware will be to others. I'm running a SSR on the heated bed and the filament cooling fan. I have the bed offset a bit to the right of the location MakerFarm recommends. My bed limits don't work very well on a "standard" printer. They are great for doing stuff that is a bit larger than the bed. Another part of that trick is the thinner power supply that I use.

Once I get it all done I'll toss it up somewhere.

Lots of fun...

Bob

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by uncle_bob View Post
    Hi

I am setting it up right now on a 12" Pegasus. Once I get that running I will transfer it to the 10" Pegasus. The BL Touch is mounted to a custom extruder I came up with. It also holds mount and duct for the cooling fan. Once they both are done, they also will have dedicated +5 supplies and Rpi's to run them remotely.

I'm not real sure how much use my firmware will be to others. I'm running a SSR on the heated bed and the filament cooling fan. I have the bed offset a bit to the right of the location MakerFarm recommends. My bed limits don't work very well on a "standard" printer. They are great for doing stuff that is a bit larger than the bed. Another part of that trick is the thinner power supply that I use.

Once I get it all done I'll toss it up somewhere.

Lots of fun...

Bob
    Sounds great thank you! I do not plan on copying your firmware for my use, but I just want something to compare.