Close

Hybrid View

Add Roberts_Clif on Thingiverse
    It could also be Stepper drivers V-Ref is too high causing the drivers to over heat, this intern allows the extruder to misstep and ultimately clog.

My 3D Printers have a factory V-Ref of 0.800 volts this caused me many headaches until I finally reduced V-Ref to 0.695 volts.
    Added heat-sinks to Driver chips a cooling fan to ensure the controller and all components operated in a recommended temperature range.

Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    could be the stepper motor driver chip.
    Stepper motors are virtually indestructible, but the chips are a regular consumer item :-)

Certainly doesn't sound like any of the things you've actually changed, as the only other obvious culprit would have been the ptfe liner.
    I guess I have to replace the motherboard if the motor driver chip has gone bad?I have a soldering iron if it is replaceable and I can replace it.
    The PTFE liner has been replaced.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roberts_Clif View Post
    It could also be Stepper drivers V-Ref is too high causing the drivers to over heat, this intern allows the extruder to misstep and ultimately clog.

My 3D Printers have a factory V-Ref of 0.800 volts this caused me many headaches until I finally reduced V-Ref to 0.695 volts.
    Added heat-sinks to Driver chips a cooling fan to ensure the controller and all components operated in a recommended temperature range.
    I have adjusted the stepper volts ,after the problem appeared too.Actually it was a bit lower than it had to be.
    I have added heatsinks to the chokes and some chips,since I first bought the printer.