Close

Hybrid View

I am not sure what is going on but my G29 is screwy and I only just found it out. I can do a G28 or even a G30 but only with G29 does this happen. What happens is it will go scanning my bed then finish. Alright, but from then on any direction I tell the head to move, via pronterface, makes all axis move simultaneously by that much. When I do a G28, or a G30, the issue disappears. Almost acts as if something is left on that shouldn't be. Any ideas what is going on?

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAlchemist View Post
    I am not sure what is going on but my G29 is screwy and I only just found it out. I can do a G28 or even a G30 but only with G29 does this happen. What happens is it will go scanning my bed then finish. Alright, but from then on any direction I tell the head to move, via pronterface, makes all axis move simultaneously by that much. When I do a G28, or a G30, the issue disappears. Almost acts as if something is left on that shouldn't be. Any ideas what is going on?
    Did you install Roxy's enhanced bed levelling code, or are you just using the standard ABL changes to the Configuration.h? If you are using Roxy's code, did ABL work properly before you added the enhancements?

Quote Originally Posted by brucehvn View Post
    Did you install Roxy's enhanced bed levelling code, or are you just using the standard ABL changes to the Configuration.h? If you are using Roxy's code, did ABL work properly before you added the enhancements?
    I spotted this issue after I installed his code so I fell back to the original code and it did the exact same thing. Something funky in the G29 coding, that I can't find, and that is not in the G28 or the G30. I went looking to see if could spot something that was possibly left out of G29 from 28 and 30 but no go.

Student
    I spotted this issue after I installed his code so I fell back to the original code and it did the exact same thing. Something funky in the G29 coding, that I can't find, and that is not in the G28 or the G30. I went looking to see if could spot something that was possibly left out of G29 from 28 and 30 but no go.
    Hmm, very strange. You mentioned this issue in Pronterface. Have you actually tried to start a print (that does G29) and does it also move all the axes instead of just one?

Well, I did but I wasn't looking for this issue and the problem I had was that my print was jacked up by a lot so all it did was ooze and this may be why. I have printed numerous times just never with auto bed leveling.

Student
    Well, I did but I wasn't looking for this issue and the problem I had was that my print was jacked up by a lot so all it did was ooze and this may be why. I have printed numerous times just never with auto bed leveling.
    Can you post a copy of your Configuration.h file before and after modifying it for ABL (the stock version of ABL). Maybe we can see something that's not quite right.

Quote Originally Posted by brucehvn View Post
    Can you post a copy of your Configuration.h file before and after modifying it for ABL (the stock version of ABL). Maybe we can see something that's not quite right.
    I never touched the configuration file just Marlin_Main.cpp. The defines (only define was which corner was home) I temporarily left inside the Marlin_Main.cpp right before G29 but here is my Configuration.h for ABL

Configuration.h