Close

Hybrid View

I got my Qidi Tech 1 for free and have been using it for tinkering and learning about 3d printers; I've hardly printed on it at all other than to test any modifications I may have made. The next thing on my list is to upgrade the Z axis. I thought about buying the rods and linear bearings but I don't feel confident enough to DIY it myself. I would have to drill permanent holes into the platform and that would mean irreparable damage if I fail.

Qidi Tech does have some replacement parts available but not a replacement platform or rod assembly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kahenraz View Post
    I got my Qidi Tech 1 for free and have been using it for tinkering and learning about 3d printers; I've hardly printed on it at all other than to test any modifications I may have made. The next thing on my list is to upgrade the Z axis. I thought about buying the rods and linear bearings but I don't feel confident enough to DIY it myself. I would have to drill permanent holes into the platform and that would mean irreparable damage if I fail.

Qidi Tech does have some replacement parts available but not a replacement platform or rod assembly.
    Write them as a lot of times they have them and will put up a sale for you and send you a link.

One thing to know about that printer but do not do 110c on the bed for ABS. The sticker will peel off and the electrical connection will burn and bust off. If I ever used that printer again I would change out the Mightyboard and I would have to use a silicon mat and I would have to change out the heaterblock for one that takes a thermistor. All of that is easy to do and I will say the 10mm rod is a nice addition, and how it should have been originally made, but you don't really need them if you use the stability prints for it on Thingiverse. Once I printed those the stability went way up. Thing is anything printed in PLA in the machine will warp due to the heat build up. My chain I had done in PLA, as well as the stability mounts for the rods, and the stability is fine since they are below the bed but the chain I had to redo in ABS as it warped into oblivion. This is the one thing about that machine it makes for a nice ABS enclosed printer but the bed is not up to it though it says that it is.