Close

Hybrid View

Student
    Hi folks

Great forum - lots of great info for me (the newbie!).

I just purchased the PowerSpec 3DPro - great price, and used the extra discount to buy 1yr extended warranty.

Here's my problem (had to be one, right?!)
    While assembling the machine, I could not fit the filament guide tubes into the holes in the print head. I took the tubes back to Micro Center, and tried fitting them in their floor model... they DID fit (though much more tightly than the tube they had installed in their machine). The sales guy let me swap out their tube for one of mine. The older tube does fit in my print-head, but it is a tight squeeze, and I really don't want to exert too much pressure while inserting it.

My question is: Should I take the printer back, or try remove a bit of outer-wall thickness of the tubes, or what?

Thanks!

russ

I can help with Powerspec 3D

I can help. Reach out to me at 214-659-3003. have used the powerspec for a full year and an Airwolf 5.5 for another two. Be happy to see what we can do.

Quote Originally Posted by russr View Post
    Hi folks

Great forum - lots of great info for me (the newbie!).

I just purchased the PowerSpec 3DPro - great price, and used the extra discount to buy 1yr extended warranty.

Here's my problem (had to be one, right?!)
    While assembling the machine, I could not fit the filament guide tubes into the holes in the print head. I took the tubes back to Micro Center, and tried fitting them in their floor model... they DID fit (though much more tightly than the tube they had installed in their machine). The sales guy let me swap out their tube for one of mine. The older tube does fit in my print-head, but it is a tight squeeze, and I really don't want to exert too much pressure while inserting it.

My question is: Should I take the printer back, or try remove a bit of outer-wall thickness of the tubes, or what?

Thanks!

russ