Close

Thread: New CTC Owner

Hybrid View

Technician
    K, so for the glass build plate is it simply removing the painters tape, and removing the kapton tape and clamping a sheet of glass on the aluminum bed with some binder clips?
    Or would you leave the kapton tape on?

Also which forum sections should I look through, so far I've only looked through this ctc one as I have a ctc printer.
    Like is there a general mod section with a sticky with recommended mods?

Quote Originally Posted by bigo93 View Post
    K, so for the glass build plate is it simply removing the painters tape, and removing the kapton tape and clamping a sheet of glass on the aluminum bed with some binder clips?
    Or would you leave the kapton tape on?

Also which forum sections should I look through, so far I've only looked through this ctc one as I have a ctc printer.
    Like is there a general mod section with a sticky with recommended mods?
    Yes, clamp the glass directly on to the Aluminum plate, remove all tape for better Heat transfer.
    I lightly sanded the aluminum to make it look better, since it had scratches from removing the kapton.
    I used Aqua-net spray to hold glass in place and used Clips only until the Aqua-net dried.
    (Sanding plate makes it stick better also)
    (using hair-spray allows it to be removed fairly easy, if needed, without breaking glass)
    (took several days for it to dry completely, then removed clips)
    (nozzles can hit Clips if not positioned correctly, so be careful and remove them as soon as possible)

One Mod I did was printing 4 extension brackets for corners of bed-plate
    so I could install a larger piece of glass to increase bed size 11 1/8" X 6 7/8" , to print larger objects.
    link here:
    http://3dprintboard.com/showthread.p...ender-brackets

If you do this mod before having the glass cut, you will only need the larger size cut
    (I had 3/32" thick glass cut at Lowes-hardware)
    Last edited by EagleSeven; 12-20-2015 at 08:39 AM.