Close

Hybrid View

Engineer
    I personally have a Flashforge Creator pro and a CTC 3d pro. I bought the Creator pro about a year ago, and the CTC over a month ago. Price wise, the Creator pro cost me $1450. The CTC cost me $430.

The main difference that I notice between them, is the case it is in. The flashforge has a nicer case, metal, sturdy. CTC has like a painted pressboard case with cheaper screws. The bed plate is also a thinner aluminum bed plate. That being said, after I printed out a few upgrades for the CTC, it runs basically just as good as my flashforge creator pro does. Basically identical printers other than the case, bed plate being thinner, after a few printed upgrades. I also switched the glass bed plates on both, so it really is about the same printer now.

The CTC came with non-spring loaded extruders. Those can also be printed and parted together with the direct ones it came with, but instead I personally took my left spring loaded one from my flashforge and put it on the CTC. Perfect And in doing so, I now have 2 extra motors, since I only have 1 extruder motor on both printers. Don't dual print much, and can be put back in if needed.

I would still pick my Flashforge over the CTC, but if I had neither, I would just buy a couple CTC's and call it a day :P

Quote Originally Posted by Bassna View Post
    I personally have a Flashforge Creator pro and a CTC 3d pro. I bought the Creator pro about a year ago, and the CTC over a month ago. Price wise, the Creator pro cost me $1450. The CTC cost me $430.

The main difference that I notice between them, is the case it is in. The flashforge has a nicer case, metal, sturdy. CTC has like a painted pressboard case with cheaper screws. The bed plate is also a thinner aluminum bed plate. That being said, after I printed out a few upgrades for the CTC, it runs basically just as good as my flashforge creator pro does. Basically identical printers other than the case, bed plate being thinner, after a few printed upgrades. I also switched the glass bed plates on both, so it really is about the same printer now.

The CTC came with non-spring loaded extruders. Those can also be printed and parted together with the direct ones it came with, but instead I personally took my left spring loaded one from my flashforge and put it on the CTC. Perfect And in doing so, I now have 2 extra motors, since I only have 1 extruder motor on both printers. Don't dual print much, and can be put back in if needed.

I would still pick my Flashforge over the CTC, but if I had neither, I would just buy a couple CTC's and call it a day :P
    Cool. Are you the guy who made the T-Rex skull?
    I think I DID buy a FFCP....it's just called a Monoprice and cost almost half as much.