Close

Hybrid View

Thank you for the great information, it is good to know where i should put my priorites, good 32 bit board but the motors can be cheaper nema even 1.8, thats great to know.
    Also having a reasonable upper bound on the bid like 200 sounds very good, i do hope i win.
    I have learned allot when i am planning to build my own, but i canceled my orders of the cheap drivers thankfully.
    I been experimenting with my simple metal, and i can have good quality even at speeds like 120 mm/s, but it felt wrong to have so fast so i put it at 70 for now, i dont want to damage the hardware.
    In order for the print to stick to bed i need first layer to be 220 celsious, 230 makes it stick so hard it takes 10 minutes to pry off, 210 makes it fail the print.

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by engpro View Post
    good quality even at speeds like 120 mm/s
    Is there any way you can post up your acceleration and jerk settings so we can know how fast you actually mean. for example, 120mm/s doesn't mean much if your bed size is 120x120 and your acceleration is so low that it takes 200mm of travel to actually hit that speed. ya know? 120mm/s is an incredibly blank statement without acceleration at least. It's like asking someone to solve a math problem and then just saying "12". I mean it is very important to also know about jerk or junction deviation because these are powerful modifiers to this speed or max feedrate you are claiming. if we are trying to actually visualize a print speed in our minds. A better way if we do not know what these settings are would be to just make a simple video with your cell phone of your machine printing and then post it up in high quality to youtube and then provide a link here so we can see how fast your machine moves. You know what I mean? Was it this fast: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXpZJzbA5TU . Or was it this fast: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCg4gqGRbmY . Or was it faster than that?

Well there is still allot i dont know, when i say 120 i meant that was the setting i placed in cura, i have not touched the acceleration settings, so those things are the defualt.
    I would say the speed was like your last video example, but it did not feel good. Right now the speed is about the one of your first video. Do i have to worry about if i go to fast the hardware will break? Or is it more i can go as fast i want so long build quality is good?