Close

Hybrid View

Its a longshot but have you tried another slicer? Like downloading cura and use a profile from a website thats already setup for your model and do a print just to see if a setting somewhere in simplify might be causing it? It sounds like you have tried everything possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Dant3 View Post
    Good evening,
    For almost 3 years I have a stock Tevo Tarantula,except for some minor improvements.

Some months ago while printing a 4 hour PETG print my nozzle clogged for the first time ever.
    I unclogged it and from that moment till now the nozzle cloggs and I can't get a print finished.
    Sometimes it happens at the start,sometimes after 1 hour.
    It doesn't always totally clog, but when it does you can hear the extruder clicking and underextrument will appear or it wont print at all.
    So what I did:
    -Tried another extruder (I have a Titan extruder,tried the stock one)
    -Changed nozzles
    -Changed PTFE tube
    -Changed throat,even got an all metal one
    -Changed the fan with a bigger 40mm one,in order to have more airfow
    -Updated the firmware,from Marlin 1.1 to 2.0.
    -Tried other filaments.Neither PETG,nor PLA can print.
    -Even applied thermal paste to the throat and insulated the hotend
    -Replaced the hotend block
    -Replaced the thermistor and the heating element

I can't find the cause of the clogs and I've replaced everything that the filament goes through.It just doesn't make sense.
    I am using Simplify3D and even when just asking the printer to extrude ,the extruder will start clicking.

So any idea what else I can check on,before I get a new one and just throw this one out of the windows?
    Thanks.

Hello,
    I too have the same problem on a prusa clone with PETG.
    making me crazy.
    I didn't undergo all the tests @dant3 did but I did changed the entire extruder assembly and got few good prints with specific profile I made. since then I changed that profile and I'm back at the beginning.

I'm using prusa slicer if that helps.

If anyone has any suggestions,
    thanks in advance,
    Sagi.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesban View Post
    Its a longshot but have you tried another slicer? Like downloading cura and use a profile from a website thats already setup for your model and do a print just to see if a setting somewhere in simplify might be causing it? It sounds like you have tried everything possible.
    Tried another Slicer,same happens.
    I m gonna go ahead and dismantle the whole printer,at least the electronics to make a visual inspection.
    Next I m gonna replace the motherboard.
    If these dont work,I m gonna sell it and get an Ender 3 V2.