Close

Hybrid View

Student
    Even with a heated bed ABS still tends to warp... PLA will work better with a heated bed, but it isn't requied.

Quote Originally Posted by Jo1212 View Post
    Even with a heated bed ABS still tends to warp... PLA will work better with a heated bed, but it isn't requied.
    This is true, many time you have to combine a heated bed with a closed print chamber to reduce warping. ABE does not like cold drafts and rapid changes in temperature while printing. Even with the best conditions, large and very long prints are sometimes difficult with ABS.

Here is a 36 hour print with a Replicator 1 that had minimal lifting of one corner about 20 hours into the print.

IMG_0466.jpgIMG_0482.jpg

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnA136 View Post
    This is true, many time you have to combine a heated bed with a closed print chamber to reduce warping. ABE does not like cold drafts and rapid changes in temperature while printing. Even with the best conditions, large and very long prints are sometimes difficult with ABS.

Here is a 36 hour print with a Replicator 1 that had minimal lifting of one corner about 20 hours into the print.

IMG_0466.jpgIMG_0482.jpg
    Chelsea specified in one of her comments on the kickstarter that enclosing the one^ and two^ do not actually improve performance. She claims that due to the high specific heat of the build platform and the extremely level surface, the only thing necessary when printing in abs is using abs glue or something along those lines. I don't know if this is true, but if it is I'll be grabbing a heated bed upgrade kit before you can blink an eye. I'll just have to hear some other actual reviews of it by the early backers first.