Close

Hybrid View

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    I am just thinking something that is a little more fireproof, I would imagine a small blast going off nearby might produce enough residual heat to melt the cords, so if they were some sort of carbon based wire, or something more fire and damage resistant. Im just trying to think how you could make them less susceptible to damage. I am not sure how often these need adjusting, would it not be possible to cover all the wiring with a plate? or would it be a pain to keep taking off?

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    I am just thinking something that is a little more fireproof, I would imagine a small blast going off nearby might produce enough residual heat to melt the cords, so if they were some sort of carbon based wire, or something more fire and damage resistant. Im just trying to think how you could make them less susceptible to damage. I am not sure how often these need adjusting, would it not be possible to cover all the wiring with a plate? or would it be a pain to keep taking off?

These are not meant for active duty, these are prosthetic hands, intended to simply help get a wounded soldier back the access to some daily tasks. Cutting your own food, or picking up simple objects.
    If someone is working around "small blasts" or needs a protective plate, I'm thinking they would want a hand built of something more that plastic velcroed to their hand.

These are in no way intended for any dangerous work. Simply a low cost alternative that is available instead of the high end prosthetics with long waiting lists.

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by AxisLab View Post
    These are not meant for active duty, these are prosthetic hands, intended to simply help get a wounded soldier back the access to some daily tasks. Cutting your own food, or picking up simple objects.
    If someone is working around "small blasts" or needs a protective plate, I'm thinking they would want a hand built of something more that plastic velcroed to their hand.

These are in no way intended for any dangerous work. Simply a low cost alternative that is available instead of the high end prosthetics with long waiting lists.
    Sorry, I read it wrong, I thought it was for use in the battlefield, rather than long after.