Close

Hybrid View

Student
    Have an FFCx here, my configs anyway - "I";
    -always preheat the bed prior to leveling it (via the front panel) to 110C for ~5 minutes or so, then do the bed leveling with a sheet of paper. (I only level it ~ every 2 weeks now, the more you use it, the less tweaking it seems to need)
    -sometimes, but rarely - tweak the bed (move leveling knobs ever so slightly) on the first layer as the print is running/on the fly , if it clicks a bit - lower it, if not sticking- raise it a bit
    -use kapton on the bed (never had good results with blue tape with ABS).
    -preheat the bed prior to running any prints
    -print ABS 95% of the time @ 222C to 224C
    -have the bed at 102C for all ABS (edit /save Gcode for each file in RepG)
    -use ABS slurry made with MEK {Methyl Ethyl Ketone- hardware or plastics store} to make stuff stick (MEK is horrible smelling stuff, a glue sniffers delight! Use lots of ventilation!!)
    -also clean the bed with MEK
    -use IPA {90%+ isopropyl alcohol} to break the bond of large raft-less objects ,.. drizzle it around, then wait 30 seconds - then tap object off with a maple stick & rubber hammer (at the base)
    the IPA doesn't dissolve anything, it merely helps break the molecular bond -{ try it for removing old hot glue!} -use the MEK for cleaning the bed after, as some IPA has oils in it.

The first layer is often lousy, ..unless it's REALLY bad, I just let it run,- it often tends to clean itself up after a few layers. (I run ~0.22-0.27)
    The curling might be from too high a bed temp - could be wrong.
    Also, larger objects often tend to warp a bit - haven't figured that one out completely - sometimes running multiple copies of the object seems to help, as the plastic cools a bit between layers.

Again, those are my settings (with much assistance from Geoff!!!)
    I'm sure everyone's settings/results vary (document everything!)

G'Luck
    TD
    Last edited by Teledog; 09-28-2014 at 10:49 PM.

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by Teledog View Post
    Have an FFCx here, my configs anyway - "I";
    -always preheat the bed prior to leveling it (via the front panel) to 110C for ~5 minutes or so, then do the bed leveling with a sheet of paper. (I only level it ~ every 2 weeks now, the more you use it, the less tweaking it seems to need)

TD
    Any idea why you would do that? sorry have never heard of that one, nor have I ever heated my bed before levelling in over 2500 hours of printing, and I level my bed before each print so....