Close

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    Yeah, ideally you want to print a better cannister and just use the ink fibre inserts - so you make a perma-housing that has cartridges you can replace. I sort of feel sorry for this guy actually, he has a brilliant idea that he could have really developed and marketed - sure im happy he gave it to all of us but still, I don't think eeeverything needs to be open source.
    I wonder if a printed canister could be made to work by pulling the filament through the ink, but not require a super good seal on the bottom of the canister. What if the filament was fed in the top, got deflected down into the ink, and then came back up so there isn't any seal? Then with a little more cleverness, maybe the canister could have a cover that closes when it isn't in use. If that could be figured out, a person could have a canister for every color they want to print with and just snaps the right one into place. (Of course, it isn't going to be that easy or clean. I'm imagining my hands covered with blue and black ink! )

As for Open Source... I like it! I appreciate when somebody talented gives us what we need to make alterations! I am super Thankful! And as a result, I try hard to reciprocate and publish source for anything that might have value to others. I am very Thankful this person shared this idea and if I was able to improve the design and come up with a good method for using wet, bulk ink I probably would be making a post with full source! But of course... people get to pick and choose what makes sense for them!
    Last edited by Roxy; 05-09-2014 at 11:01 PM.